As a business owner, I’m sure you have visited other companies and been impressed by their modern, stylish office and thought you want something similar. I want to use this brief article to highlight the various areas of the office that you might improve and the benefits available as a product of an office refresh. Budgetary constraints should not be a barrier as improvements are possible on varying levels; combined, they can create an inspiring workspace where your staff will thrive.
Before approaching any project, collecting information is vital; use the internet as a source and access specialists’ websites by searching for ‘office refit’ or possibly something more specific like ‘suspended ceilings Cirencester’ obviously substituting your locality. Take some time to view multiple sites and make some notes on any ideas which appeal to you, form opinions on what you want to achieve and visualise how they might work together to form your desired perfect workspace.
Let’s Talk Benefits
Your workforce will spend a considerable amount of their life in their office, so it is vital that they feel happy and comfortable and, in turn, can work to their full potential. An office redesign, when completed successfully, will lead to the following benefits to your business –
- Improved efficiency – changes to the floorplan by utilising a new partitioning system or investment in new, well-designed modern equipment such as furniture will increase staff functionality.
- Productivity Increase – Improving the natural light through the use of glass partitions or increasing the amount of green planting leads to increased staff happiness and well-being and, critically, their work output.
- Entice New Business – As the visual face of your business, top-quality modern premises indicates a well-run profitable company. Decoration, colour scheme and other observable factors combine to form the overall aesthetic look of your office and speak to visitors about how you run your business.
- Can Assist a Rebrand – if you are planning changes through a rebrand, you can highlight this new theme through a tremendous modern office.
- More Room – a refurbishment can re-organise your floorplan to improve staff areas such as kitchens, break-out areas, and functional spaces like meeting rooms or storage areas.
- Increased Health & Safety – as a crucial aspect of any business, health and safety can be improved by utilising quality materials and advancements in safety design; fire-rated materials can protect vital areas such as evacuation routes.
- Improve Technology & Save energy – modern advancements can be accessed when refitting the office, data rooms, comms, and office equipment; when upgraded can increase your output and reduce the cost of your energy bills.
All businesses, over time, will need to go through a refurbishment as walls need repainting and other fixtures become old or worn. As the business owner, look at this task not as a drain on finances but as a welcome chance to revitalise and refresh one of the essential components of your company. A modern, aesthetically pleasing office that highlights your brand will provide your staff with an environment where they are creative and productive and that your business can grow and thrive.